Prof. Dr.D.Premkumar MS, MBBS,
Professor of Surgery,
Faculty of Medicine,
Bedong, Kedah, Malaysia. 08100
MBBS, STANLEY MEDICAL COLLEGE, MADRAS UNIVERSITY 1977
MS (GENARAL SURGERY) STANLEY MEDICAL COLLEGE, MADRAS UNIVERSITY 1980
Association of surgeons of India
Indian Medical association
Society for endoscopic and laparoscopy surgery
Healthcare advisory board
Assistant professor of surgery: from 1980 to 1997
Professor of surgery: from1997 to till date,
Surgical Specialist: Ministry of health, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
Did Senior research fellowship, Council for scientific and industrial research, New Delhi, India for 3 years. On "Role of BCG vaccination in advanced malignancy"
International surgery journal
Surgical chapter of WEBMED Central
Journal of surgery
Was Guide for PhD scholars.
Chetinad academy of research and education,2006-09
External examiner for: PhD, MS,MBBS, BDS,BPT
Visiting professor for BharathUniversity, India
TamilnaduDr.MGR.MedicalUniversity, India2010 till date
Senate member: TamilnaduDr.MGR.Medical University.2015-16
a) Gold medal in Master of surgery
b) Lord and Lady Wellington memorial prize in clinical medicine,
c) Certificate of honor in Microbiology.
d) Certificate of honor in Pathology
Reviewed books for the following publishers
a) Hard-court Brace & company
b) Elsevier science
c) Academic publisher
d) Jeypee Medical publishers
Paper publication last 3 years:
1. Comparative study of prognosis of acute pancreatitis in different ethnic population in a Malaysian public hospital.
2. Serological test for H pylori and advantages over other tests
3. Wound infection and pus culture
4. KIMS modification of Alvarado’s score for acute appendicitis
5. Radio opaque foreign body removal under ultrasonic guidance
6. Awareness of diabetes mellitus and its complications among students in a Malaysian university
Management of Acute abdomen
Management of advanced malignancy